Let's Get Everyone In Oregon Growing Gardens!
Learn How to Plant Seeds of Change With The Radical Gardening Guide!
Download the Radical Gardening Guide for actionable steps to transform your love of gardening into a powerful force for community impact.
We Have A Problem
Our food system produces enough food to feed everyone. Yet 1 in 7 Oregonians go to bed hungry. According to recent reports, a staggering 80% of those affected are directly involved in local food production. They are farmers, fishermen, and factory workers - Many of them people of color - And they are often unable to access the same food they grow, harvest, prepare, and distribute
Our Food System:
Is not designed to
benefit the people
Is deeply rooted in
Put The Power Back Into The Hands of The Individual
- Inspire a movement of Radical Gardening
- Teach every Oregonian how to grow and harvest their own produce
- Empower a growing network of food system leaders
- Inspire them to advocate for a more equitable food system policy
Growing Gardens is a Portland, Oregon based 501(c)3 nonprofit using the experience of growing food in schools, backyards, and correctional facilities to cultivate healthy and equitable communities.
Our Multilingual Programs And Services
Work together to ensure that we reach the Oregon communities most impacted by food system inequity where they are at to:
- Improve diet and health outcomes
- Increase fresh food access
- Enhance culturally nourishing produce options
- And cultivate the future generation of food system leaders
Making an Impact Since 1996
Home Gardens Cultivated
we need your help
We envision an Oregon where every home has equal access to fresh produce and a sincere desire to understand, participate in, and improve our local food system. Join our thriving community of radical gardeners advocating for equitable food justice!