What's the Spring Dig-in?
In honor of Earth Day, the Spring Dig-in brings together community members who believe in the power of growing food to make meaningful change.
Spring Dig-in teams not only help build backyard gardens but raise funds to ensure that every family in the Home Gardens program has 3 years of seeds, plant starts, tools, education, and mentoring in order to be successful in learning to grow food at home.
Get together with your friends, family, and coworkers and learn grassroots strategies, make connections, and help build a movement.
How Does it Work?
1. Register your team by calling 503-284-8420, emailing: email@example.com or registering online (deadline March 18th)
2. Recruit 6-8 friends, family members, or co-workers to join the team
3. 2-3 team members attend the orientation and fundraising training on Wednesday April 1st from 5:30 to 7pm
4. From April 3rd to April 24th compete* against other teams to raise $1,000 or more (*some businesses prefer to “sponsor” their teams instead of fundraising) The winning team will receive a 10 person ice-cream party at Eb & Bean!
5. All teams come together to build gardens on Saturday April 25th, 2020 from 10am to 12:30pm (costumes encouraged!)
6. Celebrate with pizza, beer and prizes at the post-garden building party from 1pm to 2:30p
What: A fun and participatory event orientation & grassroots fundraising training
Purpose: Meet other teams, learn more about the work of Growing Gardens and the Spring Dig-in, learn & practice new skills.
Who: Team Captains and at least 1-2 team members (more are welcome!)
When: April 1st 5:30 -7pm. Tea and snacks provided!
Donations are tracked through an online portal. Event sponsors provide matching donations as competition incentives.
Week 1: $200 match for the team that raises the most in the first week
Week 2: $200 match for the team that receives the highest number of donations
Week 3: $200 match to the team that raises the most in the final week
Garden Build Details
Build backyard gardens with families in the Home Gardens program
10:00 am – Meet at Lents Park
10:30 am – Carpool out to gardens
10:45 am – 12:45 pm – Build garden!
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm – Teams celebrate with food, drinks, and prizes!
All tools, materials, and instruction will be provided. (Teams are encouraged to bring tools if you have any!)
For More Information
call Emily at 503-284-8420 x 101