What's the Spring Dig-in?
In honor of Earth Day, the Spring Dig-in brings together community members who believe in the power of growing food to make meaningful change.
Spring Dig-in teams not only help build backyard gardens but raise funds to ensure that every family in the Home Gardens program has 3 years of seeds, plant starts, tools, education, and mentoring in order to be successful in learning to grow food at home.
With the recent pandemic, economic hardship, food security and health are some of the most pressing issues facing our community. Now more than ever it’s essential that people have access to the tools and education to grow their own food.
Get together with your friends, family, and coworkers and learn grassroots strategies, make connections, and help build a movement.
How Does it Work?
1. Register your team by calling 503-284-8420, emailing: email@example.com or registering online (deadline April 8th)
2. Recruit 6-8 friends, family members, or co-workers to join the team *individuals can also sign up without a team
3. 2-3 team members attend one of the (2) orientation and fundraising trainings on either Wednesday April 1st 5:30 – 7pm or Wednesday April 8th 5:30pm-7pm
4. From April10th to April 30th compete* against other teams to raise $1,000 or more (*some businesses prefer to “sponsor” their teams instead of fundraising) The winning team will receive a 10 person ice-cream party at Eb & Bean or Wine Tour with Cave Experience at Adelsheim Vineyard.
5. In most years teams come together at the end to build gardens and celebrate. Because of the important social distancing measures to reduce COVID-19 exposure we have cancelled all in-person activities until further notice.
6. We will plan an in-person celebration of the efforts of all teams and individuals when we are able to gather without risk.
Virtual Event Orientation
What: A fun and participatory virtual event orientation & grassroots fundraising training
Purpose: Meet other teams, learn more about the work of Growing Gardens and the Spring Dig-in, learn & practice new skills.
Who: Team Captains and at least 1-2 team members (more are welcome!) and individual fundraisers
When: April 1st 5:30 -7pm or April 8th 5:30-7pm
Donations are tracked through an online portal. Event sponsors provide matching donations as competition incentives.
Week 1: $300 match for the team that raises the most in the first week
Week 2: $200 match for the team that receives the highest number of donations
Week 3: $500 match to the team that signs up the most recurring (“Perennial” donors
Garden Build - Cancelled
Unfortunately because of the recent pandemic, we are unable to bring teams together to build gardens as we have in the past. Please stay tuned for changes and other ways to be involved.
For More Information
email Rashae at firstname.lastname@example.org