A team earth day challenge to fundraise and build gardens
The Spring Dig-in is a celebration of Earth Day: a day to dig in the dirt and appreciate the abundance that our earth provides when one cultivates a garden.
Through this challenge, Growing Gardens brings together communities to work together so that everyone has access to food that is nutritious, affordable, culturally-appropriate, and grown using practices that care for the health of the earth and the people that grow it.
How does it work?
- Register your team by calling 503-284-8420, emailing email@example.com, or registering online (deadline: March 1st or until all spots are filled)
- Recruit 6-8 friends, family members, or co-workers to join the team
- 2-3 team members attend an orientation and fundraising training Saturday March 23th, 2019 from 10am to 12:30pm
- From April 1st to April 19th compete* against other teams to raise $1,000 or more (*some businesses prefer to “sponsor” their teams instead of fundraising)
- All teams come together to build gardens on Saturday April 20th, 2019 from 10am to 12:30pm (costumes encouraged!)
- Celebrate with pizza, beer and prizes at the post-garden building party from 1pm to 2:30pm