During the month of October teams of coworkers, friends, and families are raising awareness and support for the work of Growing Gardens. Each team has a goal of fundraising $1,000 or more. At the end of the month, we will all come together to build gardens and celebrate the collective strength of our community.
Click on the links below to contribute to the team’s efforts.
Team New Seasons
Thanks to all the businesses supporting this event
Event sponsor: Bob’s Red Mill. In addition to sponsoring this event, Bob’s Red Mill is providing $1,000 in fundraising incentives to help teams achieve their goals.
Grand Prize: Pinolo Gelateria. Pinolo Gelateria has donated a gelato party for the team that raises the most funds during the competition.
After-party food: HOTLIPS Pizza. After building gardens, teams will gather together to celebrate the hard work and eat the amazing pizza from HOTLIPS Pizza.
Morning snacks: Voodoo Doughnut. When teams arrive in the morning of October 28th to build gardens, we will have a delicious array of Voodoo Doughnuts to snack on!
After-party beer: Ninkasi Brewing. After building gardens, teams will gather to celebrate and enjoy the delicious Dawn of the Red beer brewed by Ninkasi Brewing.
About Dawn of the Bed
- Team captains attend an orientation and fundraising training
- Recruit 6-8 coworkers or friends to join the team
- Compete against other teams to raise $1,000 or more (the team that raises the most will receive a grand prize)
- Gather shovels, rakes, gloves and other tools for the day of the event (don’t worry if you don’t have any)
- Teams come together at the end of October to build backyard gardens
- Celebrate with pizza and beer at the post-garden building party
For more details and to sign up Contact Emily@growing-gardens.org or 503-284-8420