Growing Gardens reduces hunger and improves healthy food access by helping low-income families build and grow vegetable gardens. Families receive three years of support including seeds, plants, tools, compost bins, garden mentors and workshops to help them become successful, lifelong gardeners.
Our annual Spring Dig-In brings the community together to fund these efforts and build backyard gardens for low-income families. Find out more !
How does it work?
- Register your team by calling 503-284-8420 or emailing email@example.com (deadline: February 15)
- Team captains attend an orientation and fundraising training Saturday March 4th from 10 am to 12 pm
- Recruit 6-8 coworkers or friends to join the team
- Compete against other teams to raise $1,000 or more (the team that raises the most will receive an ice-cream party at Salt & Straw!)
- Gather shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows and other tools for the day of the event
- Teams build backyard gardens at the Spring Dig-in on April 22th, 2017 from 10am to 1pm
- Celebrate with pizza and beer at the post-garden building party from 1pm to 3pm