“ Chamomile smells like sunshine and happiness!”–Garden Club participant
“My son loves Garden Club . He’s always coming home talking about the salad you eat. I never can get him to try salad!” –Parent of a Garden Club Participant
- 486 elementary aged students participated in after-school and summer Youth Grow garden clubs and camps for a total of 4,476 learning hours dedicated to hands-on food gardening activities.
- A total of 3,619 Kindergarten through eighth grade students participated in 5,891 garden-based learning hours during the school day; 104 teachers were involved in this work.
- 2,294 children and 2,194 adults participated in Family Oriented Workshops and special one- time events learning about healthy cooking, snacking and eating and food gardening.
- 25 volunteers assisted with after-school Youth Grow clubs and garden camps. These volunteers contributed 778 hours working directly with Youth Grow students (a value of $17,699).
- 18 Garden Tender volunteers contributed 258 hours of school garden summer maintenance (a value of $5,869).
- 138 pounds of school grown food was harvested and served in school cafeterias involving 371 students.
- 30 people graduated from our School Garden Coordinator Certificate Training in 2016, receiving 35 hours of training.
- 12 teachers participated in our Garden Based Professional Learning Community, bringing integrated garden education to over 300 students.
- 95% of teachers surveyed noticed an increase in student engagement during garden education lesson