Growing Gardens coordinates a limited number of free soil tests for lead contamination for qualifying low-income households.
Do I qualify?
- Household must be at or below 185% of the Federal Poverty Guideline – the same qualifications as for SNAP, WIC, and the Free/Reduced Lunch program. See chart
- Household must be located in Portland, OR
How does it work?
- Call Growing Gardens 503-284-8420 or fill out the following application to schedule a visit
- Growing Gardens staff will meet you at your house to provide you the materials and instructions to take a soil sample
- Growing Gardens will ship samples and provide test results