Growing Gardens’ Spring Dig-in is a celebration of Earth Day: a day to dig in the dirt and appreciate the abundance that our earth provides when one cultivates a garden.
The Spring Dig-in is a “garden-a-thon” that brings together teams of coworkers, friends and family who fundraise and build gardens to celebrate Earth Day and support fresh food access for ALL.
Growing Gardens brings together communities to work TOGETHER so that EVERYONE has access to food that is nutritious, affordable, culturally-appropriate, and grown using practices that care for the health of the earth and the people that grow it.
How does it work?
1. Register your team by calling 503-284-8420, emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or registering online (deadline: March 15 or until all spots are filled)
2. Recruit 6-8 friends, family members, or co-workers to join the team
3. Team members attend an orientation and fundraising training Saturday March 23th, 2019 from 10am to 12:30pm
4. From April 1st to April 19th compete* against other teams to raise $1,000 or more (*some businesses prefer to “sponsor” their teams instead of fundraising)
5. All teams come together to build gardens on Saturday April 20th, 2019 from 10am to 12:30pm (costumes encouraged!)
6. Celebrate with pizza, beer and prizes at the post-garden building party from 1pm to 2:30pm
Check out photos and results from previous years’ Spring Dig-ins!