Do you want to make a difference in community food access? Do you want to hang out with your friends, family, and coworkers while learning new skills and having fun? Join us for Dawn of the Bed 2018! No experience necessary – all ages welcome!
Sign-up deadline: Friday September 15th or until spaces are filled
Team orientation & training: Saturday September 29th 10am-12pm
Garden build event & party: Saturday, October 27th 10am to 3pm
|*UPDATE* This just in! The fabulous Eb & Bean will be sponsoring the GRAND PRIZE – a team ice cream party with all their delicious fro’yos and toppings! WOOHOO!|
|Dawn of the bed is an annual “garden-a-thon” that brings together teams of coworkers, friends, and family who fundraise and build backyard gardens to celebrate the seasonal holidays of Halloween and Día de Muertos, and support fresh food access for all.
Growing Gardens brings together communities to work TOGETHER so that EVERYONE has access to food that is nutritious, affordable, culturally-appropriate, and grown using practices that care for the health of the earth and the people that grow it.
- Register your team online or by calling 503-284-8420 or emailing email@example.com
- Recruit 6-8 friends, family or coworkers to join your team
- Teams attend an orientation and fundraising training on Saturday September 29th 10am to 12pm.
- Compete against other teams to fundraise (winning team receives an ice-cream party at Eb & Bean!)
- Gather shovels, rakes, gloves and other tools for the day of the event (don’t worry if you don’t have any)
- Teams come together on Saturday October 28th to build backyard gardens for local families from 10am to 12pm
- Celebrate with pizza and beer at the post-garden building party from 12:30-2pm
For more details and to sign up Contact Emily@growing-gardens.org or 503-284-8420
A HUGE Thank you to all the businesses and organizations supporting this event.