Have a ghoulishly grand time digging in the dirt, spreading compost and planting garlic to ward off vampires. A perfect beginning to the spookiest time of the year and your participation keeps the walking dead from hunting you down for dinner!
**Now recruiting team captains!**
Sign-up deadline: Friday September 15th or until spaces are filled
Captain training: Saturday September 23rd 10am-12pm
Garden build event & party: Saturday, October 28th 10am to 3pm
Role of Team Captains (and Co-Captains!)
Recruit a team – 6-8 adults is best. Childen are welcome too!
Attend the captain training – Learn the basics of grassroots fundraising, develop your pitch and meet all the other captains!
Lead your team’s fundraising efforts – spread the word and compete against other teams to raise the most!
Build a garden – Work alongside a family in our Home Gardens program to build a backyard garden. Then celebrate!
For more details and to sign up Contact Emily@growing-gardens.org or 503-284-8420
- Register your team captain by calling 503-284-8420 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Team captains attend an orientation and fundraising training on Saturday September 23rd 10am to 12pm.
- Recruit 6-8 coworkers or friends to join the team
- Compete against other teams to raised $1,000 or more (the team that raises the most will receive a grand prize)
- Gather shovels, rakes, gloves and other tools for the day of the event (don’t worry if you don’t have any)
- Teams come together on Saturday October 28th to build backyard gardens for local families from 10am to 1pm
- Celebrate with pizza and beer at the post-garden building party from 1-3pm