Growing Gardens reduces hunger and improves healthy food access by helping low-income families build and grow vegetable gardens. Families receive three years of support including seeds, plants, tools, compost bins, garden mentors and workshops to help them become successful, lifelong gardeners.
Our annual Spring Dig-In brings the community together to fund these efforts and build backyard gardens for low-income families. Find out more or register online!
How does it work?
- Register your team online by clicking here.
- Team captains attend an orientation and fundraising training February 26th from 6 to 7:30 pm
- Recruit 6-8 coworkers or friends to join the team
- Raise $1,500 through networks, corporate match, and Growing Garden’s incentivized “Give Days”
- Gather shovels, rakes, wheelbarrows and other tools for the day of the event
- Teams build backyard gardens at the Spring Dig-in on April 25th, 2015 from 10am to 1pm
- Celebrate with pizza and beer at the post-garden building party from 1pm to 3pm