Interested in becoming a board member?
Growing Gardens is always looking for possible new board members. Board terms begin in January, but we’re happy to receive applications or inquiries at any time. You can always email us at info@growing-gardens for more information.
- Nell Tessman, President
Gray Family Foundation
- Jeff Shular, Vice President
OneWest Bank (retired)
- Missy Maese, Secretary
Kaiser Permanente (Retired)
- Ben Coleman-Fire, Treasurer
US Bankruptcy Court, OR Division
2019 Board Members:
- Jennifer de Thomas: New Outlook Financial
- Rebeca Márquez : Familias en Accion
Rebeca Márquez is the Health Education Manager at Familias en Acción. Rebeca moved to Portland 4 years ago from Xalapa, Veracruz, where she studied Nutrition and specialized in Pediatric Nutrition. In Mexico, she worked at the State Autism Center and created their Nutrition Program. In Portland, she was previously employed as a Community Health Worker supporting immigrant and refugee communities.
- Eca-Etabo Wasongolo: Village Gardens
- Shireen Duke: Mt. Hood Community College
- Ray Lewis: Connections Associates
- Justin Rossman: New Seasons Market